Saturday 7 July 2007

flood insurance

I have sympathy for the families who have had their lives ruined in the flooding of Yorkshire in particular Hull, but I do not see why the government should be expected to foot the bill.
Any house holder whether they live in private or council housing should take every precaution to safe guard their own property, this includes contents To say that the cost is to high is ridiculous, for anyone will tell them the cost of replacing the goods is far higher.
I would bet my pension that those who are asking for state help think nothing of going on holiday each year, spending money on nights out , and maybe the occasion bet on the horses. The average cot of household insurance has not increased over the last fifteen years."from the TV this morning."and I have no connection with any insurance company.
I could not rest in bed at night if I had not insured my house, contents and had third party cover just in case the public had an accident on my property, just as I have car insurance for the same reason.
I do not see why I and others like me should pay form others selfishness and disregard for their own responsibilities

No comments: